Do you feel like collaborating on design projects sucks your creativity dry and stops you from being productive?
I know what that’s like.
The design process should be about being more efficient in your day to day work but also about improving the workflow. Instead, sometimes, marketing teams face creative roadblocks that stop them from focusing on delivering high-quality materials.
That’s why today I want to discuss a common issue that teams are dealing with regularly and how we, at Bannersnack, came up with a solution.
The struggle of simplifying the design process
Aside from your morning routine, such as enjoying a good cup of coffee/tea, as a creator, you also need to ensure that you have a well-established process when it comes to designing.
The purpose of the process is to help you deliver high-quality work for your clients or the company you work for.
Things can get a little chaotic when you have to juggle between multiple projects and different environments.
Just ask yourself this: how easy it is to work across different design tools at the same time? Moreover, how time-consuming it is to move between several environments?
When you consider using a design tool to optimize the creative workflow, it’s essential to think about where it’s going to fit into your team’s process. Also, an important aspect is the short learning curve so that everyone will be on-boarded quickly.
Luckily, nowadays, there are quite a few complex cloud-based design tools on the market (Bannersnack included) created to help you simplify the design process. Best of all, it will be in everyone’s interest to use such a tool that boosts team productivity.
In the end, an effective management process can make the difference between a successful and a failed project.
Your productivity suffers when you waste time searching for digital assets when they all should be in the same place.
From the brand’s colors to the logo, or templates for different campaigns, it shouldn’t take you more than a few seconds to find what you need.
Ideally, they should be in the same place, so it’s easier for you and your team to stay organized and access everything you need in an instant.
At the same time, you’ll definitely be working on different projects, and each of them will require various complexities. For example, you could start a design in Photoshop and then use Bannersnack to animate it.
Speaking of, let me show you how the Bannersnack Photoshop Integration works and why it’s essential for simplifying your design workflow.
How the Bannersnack Photoshop Integration Works
Bannersnack now lets you edit PSD files with ease, even if you don’t have Photoshop installed on your computer.
There are two ways you can use this feature:
- Send a PSD file from Photoshop to Bannersnack
- Upload a PSD file from your computer in Bannersnack
Right now, I’m going to show you how to do it both ways.
1. Send a PSD file from Photoshop to Bannersnack
Say goodbye to uploading each individual layer of a PSD file in Bannersnack. When working in Photoshop, you can now export assets and banners into your Bannersnack account in just a few clicks.
Follow these instructions to get started:
- Download and install ZXPInstaller.
- Download the Bannersnack Photoshop Plugin.
- Drag and drop the plugin file into the ZXP panel to install it.
- Open Photoshop on your computer and enable the Bannersnack Plugin from the Window > Extensions menu.
- Go to the Bannersnack > Account options section to generate the API access key and copy it.
- Go back to Photoshop and login to the Bannersnack Plugin using the API access key you just generated.
2. Upload a PSD file in Bannersnack
We also made it incredibly easy for you to upload your PSD documents in only a few clicks.
There are several methods you can use to do that in Bannersnack:
- Go to the Choose size screen and click on create new from a PSD file.
- Go to the Banner creator screen, click on the Add image icon, then upload your PSD document from the My images section.
- Drag and drop your PSD file to your banners using the Focus mode, which is a huge time saver when you need to add an image to a specific size from the set.
- Upload a PSD file directly in your Library and save each layer as a separate image in a folder named after the PSD file. However, please note that you can only upload image files with rasterized effects.
How the Bannersnack Photoshop Integration simplifies the design process
Let’s go ahead and imagine a few situations where the Photoshop Integration can be a life-saver.
1. You don’t have Photoshop installed
And you have a PSD file that needs a few adjustments, and you also have basic design skills.
Instead of waiting for a designer to help you out and modify the visual for you, you can just go ahead and upload that PSD file in Bannersnack and then quickly make all the necessary edits. After you’re done, you can download the design in the desired format and use it for your advertising campaign.
This is going to help you optimize your workflow because you’ll no longer wait for a designer to help you with small changes.
2. You need to create multiple sizes for the same design based on a PSD file
If you were to do that in Photoshop, it would take you a lot of time because you’d have to create each size individually from scratch. Luckily, you can use Bannersnack to generate as many sizes as you want based on a single PSD file.
This is yet another situation where the Bannersnack Photoshop Integration is a huge time-saver and helps you launch online advertising campaigns faster.
3. You want to animate a PSD file
The Photoshop Integration is extremely useful when you want to go beyond the limits of Photoshop. More specifically, you can animate any PSD design in just a few clicks.
With Bannersnack, it takes just a couple of seconds to add transitions and animations to your layers and export them into HTML5, GIF, or MP4 formats.
4. You want to convert PSD files into different formats
Whether you’re a designer or marketer, you’ll find that it takes no effort to convert PSD files into JPG, PNG, or GIF file formats. In fact, the process from uploading a PSD file in Bannersnack to downloading it in the desired format won’t take you more than 30 seconds.
What’s more is that with a premium subscription of Bannersnack, you can export your work into PDF, HTML5, and MP4.
5. You have full control over the layer you want to upload
Forget about uploading each layer of your PSD file individually. Now you can easily export layers directly from Photoshop to your Bannersnack Library or even create a new banner starting with the selected layers.
You can choose which layers you want to export, and you can switch to your Bannersnack account by just clicking on Go to Bannersnack.
Combine the power of Photoshop with Bannersnack
Bannersnack is not just an online design tool. It’s a powerful weapon that has the purpose of helping you achieve more with less effort while empowering your marketing team to work smarter.
That’s why it’s only fair to mention how the other features of Bannersnack help you achieve maximum productivity.
- Workspaces. Workspaces play a massive role in making sure your team stays organized and doesn’t waste too much time finding banners for past projects. In each workspace, you can create separate folders that help you keep ad campaigns separate. That way, everyone in your team will know where to find certain visuals when needed. What’s more, is that you’ll be able to add labels to your banners so you can filter your designs in just a few clicks.
- Collaboration. Forget about keeping up with never-ending email threads. Bannersnack can help you manage your entire design process in one single robust platform. From creation to downloading your visuals, your whole team can visualize everything that’s going on. You can also add however many users you want, set different editing rights for every team member, depending on their role so you’ll have full control over your account.
- Progress. Whenever you work on a design, you have the option to add a status to your project. By doing so, everyone will know if you made any progress on certain materials or when a campaign is ready to be launched. Also, whenever changes need to be made, a user can simply leave a comment which will be visible on the platform. That way, no feedback will ever be lost.
All of these features are available in the Bannersnack Team plan, so don’t hesitate to request a free trial to see what it’s all about.
The design process should let your creativity flow and not restrict you in any way. That’s what we want to do with Bannersnack and through the Photoshop Integration.
We hope you’ll enjoy our update and you’ll integrate this into your workflow. If you decide to do that, let us know in the comments how that went for you.
Get industry news, studies, how-to articles, exclusive Bannersnack offers and product updates every other week.