What do we know about LinkedIn?Well, despite what you may think, LinkedIn is one of the main marketing channels when it comes to social media. Yes, it’s LinkedIn, that obscure social media website that it is not Facebook neither Instagram nor Twitter, the social channel people think to be popular yet, they also think that nobody uses it except for professional reasons. Think about this: LinkedIn is not only popular but it is also very effective for your marketing strategy. How so? According to a research published by EConsultancy, “LinkedIn is now responsible for a staggering 64% of all visits from social media channels to corporate websites”. “By contrast, Facebook accounts for 17% of such visits, while Twitter is on just 14%”, the study concludes. Is this relevant? Well, of course, it is. And not only relevant, this information is valuable for all marketers who are trying to make ends meet in this over-the-top competitive market. We already covered 2 topics from LinkedIn. We talked about how to create LinkedIn Ads that can boost your business and we also took a dive in what are LinkedIn video ads. But this time we will get a little close on how to optimize your LinkedIn profile and how to create LinkedIn banner.
How do you optimize your LinkedIn account for traffic?We know that social media delivers when it comes to marketing. We have also learned that LinkedIn is a great choice for a marketer and that is able to get you greater results than what other social media websites and platforms are able to deliver. However, in order to achieve great results, one must adapt to each channel in particular and LinkedIn is no different than any other means of marketing in this perspective. You need to learn how to strategize and how to optimize your profile in order to get relevant traffic to your website. Let’s take a look at some of the most effective options you have at your disposal:
- Optimize profile
- Join relevant groups
- Create a business page
- Publish consistently
- Republish content
1. Start by optimizing your profileThis step is similar to what you know already if you have dealt in the past with other social media channels. The optimization of the profile is essential on Facebook, on Twitter, Instagram, and for LinkedIn marketing as well. However, there are some differences between these social channels and this is why is important to adapt to LinkedIn and optimize according to its system and meaning in the first place. What is LinkedIn? This is the first question you should ask yourself. Then, ask yourself about how people use this channels and what is its main purpose. For all we know, LinkedIn is a business platform. It’s a social media channel designed for professionals who share their interests, their skills, their strong points and get connected with peers and companies. It is also a great channel for companies who are searching for professional and skilled people they can hire or work with as third-party contractors. All these mean that LinkedIn is mainly a business platform. It is a gateway for professional relationships and it works perfectly in that way. At the same time, it can be a perfect channel for content marketing and in order for it to be effective, it needs to be tied up to a professional and well maintained, optimized account. Here’s what you need:
- A summary. Tell people who you are, what are you doing, what is it that you want to achieve.
- Make it easier for people to contact you. This means that all your contacts should be there, easy to access by anyone who wants to talk to you.
- Be honest about yourself and also, be specific about what you do and what your goals are. Use numbers if possible.
- Check for grammar and other important relevant things that may become issues if not addressed properly. Read your descriptions and your profile several times and proofread the texts before publishing.