Why Google think display advertising is about to go through the biggest and most important revolution in its history? They made seven predictions about where display advertising will be in 2015 as part of Google’s “Watch This Space” campaign, to close the program at Advertising Week’s IAB Mixx Conference and Expo with their presentation named “Display 2015: Smart and Sexy”:
1. Video: 50% of display ads will include cost-per-view video.
2. Real-time technology: 50% of ad buying will happen in real time.
3. Mobile: The smartphones are going to be the number one screen through which users can engage with brands
4. Click: Five metrics will be more important than the click. (Sales. Not just clicks!)
5. Social: 75% of ads will be “social” in nature—across dozens of formats, sites and social communities.
6. Rich Media: 50% of brand campaigns will feature rich media.
7. $50 Billion: Display advertising will be smarter and sexier = a $50 billion industry.
“We think that display advertising has a pretty exciting future and we’ll continue our work to make it even better.” via Neal Mohan, Vice President of Product Management and Barry Salzman, Managing Director of Media & Platforms – Americas
Source: Google Official Blog
Photo Source: Huffington Post